The Excellent rating is the highest rating an education and care service can achieve.
Providers with a service rated Exceeding the National Quality Standard overall can choose to apply. The Excellent rating is awarded by ACECQA.
The purpose of the Excellent rating is to:
- celebrate excellence in the delivery of education and care
- engage and involve families and the community in the profession’s discussion about quality and what is important in education and care
- learn from and be inspired by examples of highly accomplished practice, innovation and creativity in education and care
- promote and reinforce the value of education and care and the people who work in the sector
- recognise providers and educators who are champions of quality improvement.
To apply for the Excellent rating, providers must complete the application form and demonstrate how their service meets the critieria.
The application form and information about the Excellent rating can be found here: